Wednesday 15 June 2016

Part Ways

12-06-2016
First long road trip with my car to Nelson city. I had been to this city around three months ago but I never actually went around the city because I arrived at night at departed from Nelson to Motueka at 7.30am that time. But I never went back to the church where I spent the night sleeping in the tent with my French friend, that's probably one of my two regrets, the another one is that I never went to the Centre of New Zealand in Nelson. I guess I'll find a day and go back there for these locations. I really want to see the church so much, I mean under the daylight haha.

The main reason we came to Nelson was to have a lunch with two of our friends from China, who are now working in the Sealord factory. They were a dear friends to me, we knew each other in Timaru when we were picking apples. We never talked much until we moved into the same house here in Motueka. We became very close friends then. They left this packhouse earlier as they had to go to Nelson for the Sealord job. We never really had a proper farewell meal. That's why we were there, for the farewell lunch.

One thing that I never got used to is parting ways with close friends. And I think I will never do. I guess I will only learn how to accept it, and move on. The only thing is the time taken to move on. Just like when I graduated from high school and Pre-U, I took quite some time. I guess this is my personality, that's why I think I should not try to change it, for me, it's not a bad thing after all. Parting ways with close friends sucks, but it's part of our life. And it definitely takes a lot of time learning to accept that. I'm still learning. But still, I believe there are eternal friendship.

After the job ends, I will have to part way with more people. My housemates, my colleagues. This is the reality I couldn't change. But only with that I will get to meet new people and make new friends. I believe there are still more to come. I'm looking forward to it. Who will I meet and what will I do when I go on the round-island road trip in July?




Me, Siew Yee, Aaron, MayMay, Zeno and Ray. (left to right)

No comments:

Post a Comment