Tuesday 12 July 2016

Harwoods Hole Track and Light Nelson

2016-07-10
It's Sunday again, but it's my last Sunday here in Motueka. Next Sunday I will depart from here for my round island road-trip. Probably for a month until my flight back to Auckland from Christchurch, before going back to Malaysia.

Today we went to Harwoods Hole Track. I had been wanting to go for a visit since last month. Originally I planned to go for a 8 hour track in Nelson Lakes National Park but I did not rest for a long time, waking up in the early morning for physical job whole day, for 6 days a week. So I decided to go for a short track in somewhere nearby.

This hole is said to be the deepest vertical shaft in New Zealand. But we did not go near enough to look down the hole, it's kind of dangerous. We also passed by two frozen lakes on the way back to the carpark. One of them is so frozen that it won't even crack when I threw a big stone with all my strength on the lake.

It's just a short track but we ended up taking 4 hours instead of 90 minutes, because we stopped a lot for photographs and slacking around haha.












Frozen lake.



2016-07-11
We went to Light Nelson today. We went to meet our friends but they already slept as they had to wake up early for their work the next day. It was so cold, around 2 degree Celsius. I took some photos but it's dark so not much of them are nice enough to be presented.








No comments:

Post a Comment