Saturday 9 April 2016

First Day as a Packhouse Worker

It was supposed to be a day-off for me today, but a phone call woke me up at 8.30am, asking me to reach the packhouse at 9am. I was happy at that time to be honest even though I have to climb out of my bed and finish my breakfast in 10 minutes before rushing to the packhouse.

I was the only one who never work yesterday in the packhouse because I arrived in Motueka later than everyone else and I missed the initial induction. But since I listened to the boss' complete induction in the morning yesterday, I was able to work straight away after reporting myself to the office, luckily. I was registered as a grader but I ended up working in the packing department. It was a really busy day, my hands never stop for a second other than during smoko (break time) or lunch time.

But frankly. I am happy to work in this packhouse. The people here are friendly and the environment is great. Free milk tea for break times and lunch time. They even helped you to heat up your lunch in the microwave oven before lunch. Pretty cool. But still I hope that there will be more people assigned to my department because I was totally exhausted from going full-day turbo mode haha.

When I was shopping for some food today in Countdown supermarket, two girls suddenly say hi loudly beside me and I was shocked because I don't remember seeing them at all. Lol. They told me that they worked in the same packhouse with me. It was really awkward when people can recognise you and you did not recognise them, somehow it seems impolite, a little.

I am still not sure whether I am happy with my decision of moving from picking to packing or not.  For now, I am happy with my decision. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment