Thursday 7 April 2016

Leaving Temuka and back to Motueka

It's been a great weeks living here in the Temuka Holiday Park. It's not a very fancy holiday park but I still feel this is a great place to be in even though sometimes I hear people complaining about it. There are no Wi-Fi there but every facilities are good, toilets and showers are well-maintained and enough for us to use, so I never face problem like waiting for my turn to take a shower when it's full.

I left this morning at around 9am in Terry's car. And we had subway for our lunch, foot long, my first time eating this big portion and I actually finished it. Impressed by my own appetite. Lol. We used a different highway, which is via Lewis Pass. The views from this highway are epic all along the way! It's like a valley all the way, so mountains are surrounding the road and sometimes rivers run near the highway. When the sun goes down at 5pm, the views are just stunning. Somehow it made me feel peaceful, wishing that I get to see them every day.

Arrived here at 6pm when both of my legs went numb. Checked into this house owned by a Chinese, for $90 per week. The environment here are OK, but there are seriously too many people. Really too many. And guess what, there is only ONE toilet and ONE shower. Like seriously? I am already looking for another hostel now, because for seasonal workers, we finish work at almost same time so everyone will be going for shower at almost the same time. But the Wi-Fi here are very good, probably the best one I've got in hostel so far. So I'm still making up my mind haha.

I've switched from kiwifruit picking to kiwifruit packing now, since there's one empty slot. I would prefer picking more than packing but I'm really not that good with cold weather. Especially when the weather is getting colder and colder since we are entering mid-Autumn now. This will definitely be a very boring job, I guess I have to stay strong for 2 months until the job ends, probably around early June. Then after that I will plan whether to continue work until end of the month or go travelling. I will probably buy a wagon car to save all the accommodation fees as I can sleep inside there. Hopefully everything works out well. Now all I have to do is save as much money as possible.










All the photos above are taken in Temuka Holiday Park. Very spacious place haha.

Stopped down here in Lewis Pass for a photo. Unfortunately my camera lens are not wide enough to capture the entire scene haha.

On the way to the Mot.

No comments:

Post a Comment