Sunday 8 May 2016

One-Day Trip to Nelson Lakes National Park

It seems like we will be going for a one-day trips every Sunday until this job ends haha. So we are always looking forward to Sundays, it's the only day we can relax ourselves haha.

So today we went to the Nelson Lakes National Park for the Mount Robert Lakeside Track. It's a 90 minutes drive from Motueka. We went there in a group of 10 at 8am with 2 cars. The signature of Nelson Lakes, which is the bridge by the lake is just at the entrance, I never knew that I thought that it's located deep inside haha. We stopped our cars by the Mount Robert Carpark, there's more than 20 cars in the parking lots wow.

Ray and me walked a different track at first because the others hiked up a few minutes before us. But as soon as we realised that, we quickly turned back to the carpark and rushed up the other track haha. It's a hard track, I sweated really a lot. I was too stupid to think that it's very cold up there so I brought two jackets with me, making my backpack to be heavy as shit. But at least we caught up with them few minutes before we reached the top.

We had our picnic lunch there and stayed there for quite some time as we took a lot of pictures there. You can see the entire lake from there, and a huge mountain ranges there. If I came alone I will probably sit there for more than an hour haha. Spent another 2 hours and more to get back to the carpark as we used another route to went back there. It's a short trip unlike the trip last week but again, we enjoyed it.
















No comments:

Post a Comment