Thursday 10 March 2016

Job Finally Starting After A Jobless Month

I arrive in Temuka Holiday Park two days ago in the afternoon, there's a lot of Malaysians and Japanese here, all of them are here for the apple picking job. I shared the same room with two Maoris, kind of friendly though haha, they will be the tractor drivers for the apple picking job. One of them is Jack and another one is Roy. A lot of Maoris in New Zealand are quite friendly that you can be a good friend with them right after meeting them.

So I finally went to the induction of the apple picking job yesterday, briefing us about the rules and regulations, method of picking apples and using ladders etc, kind of boring but no choice. The pay is quite OK, minimum wage of $14.75 +8% holiday pay, targeting only 2.5 bins per day. I don't know whether I can exceed that, since 2.5 bins are actually kind of less than what I expected, which is 4 bins. The job had been confirmed to start on Monday or Tuesday, so I'll see how will I do, if possible, I will try my best to get a contract rate pay, which is possible if you pick fast enough. Will be working from 7.30am to 5pm, 6 days per week. Of course, the job will be halted if it rains, so let's hope that there will be no rain for two months, haha.

The bad news is there is no free wifi here, frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment