Wednesday 2 March 2016

Sudden Change of Plan

The job agent just phoned me in the afternoon yesterday, informing me that the apple picking job in Motueka will be delayed until after Easter. I was like 'Seriously...' Damn. But I can't blame anyone for this, it is not his decision though, so I will be heading to Timaru for the apple picking job introduced by him, commencing on 14 March. (I hope it will not be delayed anymore, I'm getting broke, jobless for an entire month, damn)

The job will commence for a month or two I think, probably until end of April or maybe later, maybe I can go to the mountains nearby like Mount Cook and Lake Tekapo, ideal location for landscape photography. Now I realised how important it is to have a car, you got to go wherever you want, most of the locations I wanted to go are quite far apart, you really need a car to explore them unless you have a bike, and of course, time and money. I think I will spend some of my money for a car, or maybe I can share it with someone else if we have the same goal, let's see what happens there. :)

To be honest, the plan didn't change as much, I think I will still be going to Christchurch and Akaroa for some days, but of course, I won't be paying for any activities anymore, gonna save as much as possible now. Originally the plan was going back to Motueka after Akaroa, now it's just changing to Timaru after Akaroa, that's all. The agent arrange the accommodation and transport for me so hopefully there's not much troubles and hopefully, the job will not be delayed anymore, I'm already rotting now.

Since yesterday may be my last day in Motueka, I finally went to the Pethybridge Rose Garden which I wanted to go since a long time ago but I keep on forgetting about it. And this place really amazed me, it's a paradise for flower photography. When it is almost sunset, the lighting there is great enough to capture a lot of great photos with sharp colours. Honestly, I'm quite satisfied with my products there, it's been a long time since I had this feeling haha. Kit lens isn't really that bad after all. :)


















































Finally I arrived in Kaikoura at 3.30pm today. It's freaking cold here, I think it is because today is a cloudy day, not much sunshine on the land, only 13 degree Celsius, and I don't know how cold it is in the midnight. I'm never the kind who can be in a cold environment for a long time, even though when I was home in Malaysia, I never turn the air-conditioner down to 25 degree Celsius, most of the time 27 degree Celsius only. this is really a challenge for me.

I went to the beach of Kaikoura today. And this is the first time I ever stepped onto black sand beach, the sand are actually small pebbles, quite comfortable to walk on because none of them will go into your shoes, unlike the fine sand. Seagulls are everywhere here, and I noticed there are two kinds of them, red-beaked and black-beaked, and the red-beaked seems to be more superior than the latter, chasing away them from the fish on the beach whenever they are near. Other than that I saw the red-beaked chasing the another kind of bird, black-bodied, I'm not sure what bird is that, for more than 5 minutes in the air, aggressively.

On the way to Kaikoura, about 20 minutes before my arrival, I saw hundreds of fur seals on the rocks of the coast from my bus windows, luckily I sat on the left side of the bus. They are everywhere on the rocks, it's kind of hard to notice them at first since they have the same colour with the rocks but after a awhile, when there are hundreds of them within your sight, it is not a problem to notice them anymore. The way they walk is freaking cute, LOL. Saw some people surfing there too. When I got a car, I will make sure myself stop there for a moment, the view is awesome there!


My room in Motueka for a week.









The bus transit in Blenheim for 105 minutes, took a lunch there and managed to take some photos, not really nice photos though.

Finally, Kaikoura beach.

None of them gets into my shoes haha.





Leftovers of fish, meals of seagulls.






Big wind, big waves, big splash!




A pond behind the beach, I don't know how it is formed, maybe it is due to the high tide and low tide.


By the way, today the STPM overall results are out, the results are very different from what I expected, worse. But this didn't really affect my mood much though, I'm not sure why and I'm not sure whether this is something good or something bad, it's like I'm not that care about the grades anymore. I made up my mind, to stay in Malaysia for my tertiary education, I think I had left for long enough when I go back there probably on end of July. But again, I'm not sure whether I will change my mind haha, I will decide about it next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment