Monday 22 February 2016

Cycling Trip to Kaiteriteri Beach

This is probably my first time waking up so early in this hostel, 8am, even though it's not really early though. Lol. I have always been wanting to do this since I am so free now as I'm still jobless. Do what? Cycle to Kaiteriteri Beach!

It is actually quite far away from Motueka, but not really far away, like 14km. According to Google Maps, it will take me 55 minutes to reach there, but guess what I ended up taking 90 minutes to reach there, as I stopped many times for taking photos and having some snacks on the way.

I walked to a bike rental shop early morning to rent a bike, it costed me $30 but I had no other way, there is only one bike rental shop here in this small town. He said 'You pay for what you get', but his bike was really not something I expected for $30, it was crappy, low-end bicycle, the kind that you can get for less than RM500 in Malaysia.

I started my journey on 10.30am, under the big sun, but I didn't really sweat though, it's kinda cool here and the sun wasn't really hot. After I reached Kaiteriteri Beach I sat on the bench for over an hour, not even a single drop of sweat came out from my sweat gland. There were hundreds of people here, some of them sunbathing, reading, kayaking, swimming, and eating, like I did, I prepared a lunchbox prior to my departure from the hostel. I forgot to take a picture of it though.

It seemed like my photography skills are still suck, most of the pictures I took are unusable. Gotta make more efforts to improve them.

I guess I didn't cycle for too long, my butt is pain as hell after the journey. I returned the bike to the shop at 3.30pm as I could ride anymore, it's breaking my butt. I guess this is the most 'lifeful' thing I have done since I started living in this hostel. Hahaha.

The Motueka River




On the way to Kaiteriteri...


I forgot what beach this is, it's a small beach, I stopped by for a snack.



The Kaiteriteri Beach




The Little Kaiteriteri



 On the way back home..


When your photos suck but you still want to make them look good haha. Processed in Lightroom.

First try Panorama in Lightroom!

7 comments: