Friday 19 February 2016

Life of a Jobless Man in Motueka

It's my third day in Laughing Kiwi Backpackers, and I am still searching for a job. My friend, Yue actually introduced me a fruit packing job which starts on Monday, but she is not sure whether there is a vacancy or not so I think I will just follow her straight to the workplace and ask the boss individually, since she said that they may need some men to do the heavy jobs like carrying things etc.

A contractor, Terry, who is from Malaysia told me that there are jobs in Timaru, which is south of Christchurch, that's fucking far away! The job starts at 3 March which is a week earlier than the fruit picking job starting in Motueka on 10 March. I am still making up my mind whether to stay or go, it a long way down and I already told the house owner that I will be moving in next week. The banks here suck, too much procedures for opening an account, damn complicated, I don't know whether I can get a job without a bank account or start without it and apply later. If I cannot work without a bank account, which I will be opening on Tuesday upon my appointment with the banker, then I would be stucked as I cannot start the fruit packing work on Monday. I think I will try and do some talking with the boss and hope that everything turns out well.

I actually talked to my friend on phone from 1am to 3am, and the next day, I woke up at 12pm. The moment I woke up, I had the feeling, the feeling of a lifeless and jobless man. Shit. The feelings gone after a while so never mind. I went for a walk in Motueka at 4pm as I never actually take a look seriously at this town, I went to the beach with a shipwreck on it, kind of far away, but what a jobless lonely man like me have is time. I eventually walked 30 minutes there and 30 minutes back. Took some photos, and in the progress, I stepped into some serious mud, my feet are fucked up, the mud are so persistent I can't wash away easily even though I used all my drinking water to wash it. At the end, I just took a few photos, not really nice photos, since I started heading back right after I stepped into that shit.

At night I went to somewhere like an entrance of an orchard as there are no street lights around to try my camera for taking Milky Way photos. The moon is too bright so it's kinda hard to get a good shot. Anyway, the cool breeze outside, wow. Haha.




The dog owner actually asked me to take this photo of his dog. Lol.





 The Janie Seddon shipwreck.

2 comments:

  1. Timaru is a nice place 🐵, my fren's daughter just enjoying plucking blueberry at North Island. Anyway , just relax n enjoy first n u will definitely see d rainbow over d sky, good luck bro

    ReplyDelete