Monday 15 February 2016

The Auckland City

Finally arrived in Auckland International Airport this evening and I decided to spend a night in the airport to save some accommodation cost. And even though I found a bench to sleep on at 1am, I still had a bad time sleeping and in the end, I only slept for 3 hours, can't sleep anymore at 4am, more and more people are coming into the airport and stores are opening, too much noise.

Had subway for my breakfast (again...) then I took the SkyBus shutter bus to Auckland City for NZ$28 (around RM77, everything is expensive as hell after converting to MYR!) after I managed to book a dorm bed in Nomads Fat Camel Backpackers. Honestly I had a hard time walking in the Auckland City, my backpacks are a little too heavy for a newbie like me and also, I am sleepy as f**k.

The weather today in Auckland City is nice, but I am not used to the wind humidity yet, it so cool and yet so dry, I had to frown my brow, make my eyes even smaller as the wind is drying up my eyes.

The streets are so busy, people are walking around, cars are everywhere and I notice there are so many chinese here, tourists and those who work here. Even some of the advertisements are in Chinese instead of English.

Other than that I also noticed that the drivers in New Zealand are more tolerant than those in Malaysia, they always come to stop when people are trying to cross the road, I think the drivers in western countries and Australia do this too, maybe Malaysia is one of the few countries where the drivers are mad.

The SkyTower is not as tall as I imagined, and I arrived kinda too early so there were no sky jumps or sky walks around there. The Auckland City is kind of too big for me to explore when I am so sleepy so I spent 4 hours having a nap in the hostel until 8pm, had some dinner and continue spending my night in the lounge until near 12am then I'm in the bed until 8am again. 12 hours sleep yes. There is no fan here, just windows, and I did not sweat at all even though I was wearing jeans. But, the lifestyle here in Auckland is not really my cup of tea, so I hope that the one in Motueka will suit me more?

Flying from Auckland to Nelson later before taking a bus to Motueka tomorrow morning, I think I will be spending the night in the McDonald since I arrive Nelson at evening and my bus will be departing tomorrow morning at 7.30am, moreover, The McDonald is just opposite the bus station. If everything goes well, I will be able to start my job in two more days, great.

Took SkyBus, 45 minutes from airport to the city centre.






The SkyTower, tallest building in Auckland.

Aotea Square



The recycle bins in the city

Random street shots














Taken in the Albert Park, took a 10-minute nap around here. There was seagulls (or whatever) everywhere here!
 The University of Auckland

No comments:

Post a Comment