Saturday 20 February 2016

Just a Saturday In Motueka

Okay, so today I finally got tired of being so bored, I made up a plan for something to do on Monday.

I'm gonna rent a bicycle to cycle all the way up to the Kaiteriteri Beach, which is located 14km north of Motueka. Renting a bicycle here is kinda expensive though, it's $30 per day, but it's much more cheaper and flexible than a motorbike, which costs $75 per day. So I think I will go for the bicycle instead. Hopefully it will be a great journey haha, and hopefully I will get the chance to witness a fur seal near the beach, my friends told me it is quite common to see the fur seals near the beach here. Seals I'm coming!

There's an uncle in my hostel who are seriously cool. Talked to him for almost an hour in the hostel. He is a retired pilot, he had been staying here in this hostel for a month or so and in New Zealand for months. He's like someone that cycle around, do something crazy, do some video recordings of himself everyday, records what he do everyday. Seriously, I'm gonna learn from him, his life are so interesting. He even published his video recordings and photos in New Zealand Nelson newspaper. After that, a South Korea newspaper actually paid him to share his videos and photos! Cool!

Today I finally went to have a look at my future room, which I found it in a Facebook page few days ago before I reached Motueka. It's a single bed room, kind of small but it is tidy so I had no complaints. Moreover, the owner is very helpful and welcoming, so I think I will be staying for quite a while. I am allowed to cook here too, great! But I'm not sure whether there is free WiFi here, I'll check it out on Wednesday morning! There are 3 kids in the house, I hope they don't come and play with me too much, I'm really not good with children. Lol.

And the amazing thing that happened today is that I finally found a basketball court here! I was on my way to the Warehouse to buy something before I ran into three boys bouncing the ball behind me. I just asked them the location of basketball court and they brought me there, I played with them until 9pm. In New Zealand, even though it's 9pm, it is still bright like 6pm in Malaysia, I didn't even realised it was 9pm by the time I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment