Friday 26 February 2016

Kaikoura, See You On Wednesday

I had already bought the bus ticket to Kaikoura on 02 March (Wednesday), so I will probably move out form my current home on next Wednesday morning before boarding onto the bus to Kaikoura in the early morning, 8.25am. I will probably reach Kaikoura around 3.25pm as there will be 2 transfer on the way, stopping in Nelson, Blenheim and finally Kaikoura.

I had made up my mind to save more money on this trip, so I paid for only two activites, the Albatross Encounter and Seal Swimming, I did not bring any swimsuit with me so I guess I have to buy one before next Wednesday. Even so, it still cost quite a lot for me for the transport and accommodation. I made some estimates for this trip and I think it will cost me around $500, including food and other expenses. I think I will go for the Kaikoura Peninsula Walkway, maybe in the third day or so as it doesn't cost anything and I get to see the beautiful nature side of this place. :)

After spending few days in Kaikoura, maybe I will head to Christchurch and then Akaroa for a few more days since my job will start around 14 March. There's actually not much things to do in Akaroa, it's a very small town but the dolphin swimming activities are quite famous among tourists though. I will make up my mind when I got there whether I will be paying for the dolphin swimming or not, as there are a lot of outdoor activities and walkways in Akaroa for me to discover. If I get to hire a mountain bike that would be perfect for this short trip! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment